Thursday 11 February 2016

The Market Is Always Right and You Are Always Wrong, Period

The Market Is Always Right and You Are Always Wrong, Period

I like to watch people behave in a variety of situations. I have noticed the vast majority of people (traders), but not all, have an intense desire to be "right "and are very uncomfortable with the notion that they could be wrong. Now let's flash to e-mini trading, most traders understand that any trade, successful or unsuccessful, is a function of probability. The randomness principle simply precludes the possibility that any trade is 100% successful, and that's a darn hard concept to swallow, for some people.
So if there are no 100% guaranteed trades, how in the world do e-mini traders sleep at night? Better yet, how do traders made money when there are absolutely no certainties that a trade will be successful, or that it might end up in disaster?
One of the first signs that a trader might experience trouble as a trader is his/her response to a losing trade, especially in the early going in their career. My approach to trading, after spending nearly 30 years on the institutional side of trading, is to take the highest probability trades as they arise. I take the highest probability trades knowing that some of the trades are not going produce a winning trade. However, I know that if I continue to take high probability trades at every turn that over an extended period of time I am going to profit handsomely.
It is my opinion that every successful trader is forced into the mindset I'd described in the previous paragraph. As I mentioned, traders who become overly excited about a winning trade or let loose a stream of oaths that can turn the room absolutely blue when they experience a losing trade either has to change his or her approach to trading or their emotions will quickly send them on a topsy-turvy trading ride that will always end with the trader arcing into disaster like a lawn jart. Oddly enough, when traders experiences problem they complain that the trade was a "perfect" set up and there is no reason it shouldn't work. Well, for even the best trade there are usually ample reasons it doesn't work. My point here is a simple one; no matter the set-up, the market is always right and you have to learn to accept that principle. If you don't believe me, check your futures trading account balance after a losing trade and then decide who is right. You cannot argue with numbers.
It's important to remember that the market always trades in a certain context and you have to be acutely aware that context. Secondly, even the best trades will fail and that is simply the nature of trading.
Would you like to start earning 300% every week? So would I... yet you see this type of hype on many sites these days. I don't promise astronomical returns, but 25 years of Wall Street trading experience has helped churn out solid e-mini traders for 5 years. Come see me trade. Real trading doesn't lie. Click here for a free visit to my trading room and see for yourself.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9291660


No comments:

Post a Comment